Air is essential to our existence, and our role in protecting it continues to expand.
"Aiming for sustainable growth and a sustainable society through technological strength and outstanding human resources"
- Masanori Togawa, President and CEO, Daikin Industries, Ltd.
Air is essential to our existence, and our role in protecting it continues to expand. Since 1924, we have devoted ourselves with unbridled passion to overcome the ever-evolving challenges of air to become the leading manufacturer of air conditioning equipment. Leveraging our innovative technology, we deliver outstanding products and system solutions to provide comfortable and sustainable interior environments for all of the people and regions of the world.
This is, and always will be, the Daikin mission.
Daikin Europe N.V.
As a fully owned subsidiary of Daikin Industries Limited, Daikin Europe N.V. (DENV) represents Daikin administration, development, assembly and sales in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Headquartered in Ostend, Belgium, our European production facilities also extend to Plzen and Brno, Czech Republic, Güglingen, Germany and Hendek, Turkey.
Today, the Daikin Europe Group boasts a powerful sales network of 17 affiliate companies, 4 sales offices and an entire network of independent distributors and sales contacts in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
Our European facilities at a glance
Daikin Europe N.V. (DENV)
- Founded in 1972, the Ostend site is the first DENV facility
- Strategically located near end-consumer markets in Europe
- Advanced facilities
- Market-leading developer of innovative products
- Acquired in 2008 from German heating manufacturer, ROTEX Heating Systems
- Produces energy efficient boilers, solar panels, underfloor heating and heating system components
Plzen, Czech Republic
- Founded in 2004
- Mass production facility for residential air conditioners
Daikin Turkey A.S.
- Acquired in 2011 from Turkish heating and air conditioning manufacturer, Airfel
- Produces domestic air conditioning and heating products, such as radiators and wall mounted boilers
Brno, Czech Republic
- Founded in 2008
- Produces compressors for European factories, hydroboxes and domestic hot water tanks for Daikin Altherma and accumulators for Sky Air
Daikin Europe N.V. - Consolidated Financial Highlights
(in millions of euros)
|Profit before tax||159||100,3||127,2||97,9||94|
Figures are based on Belgian GAAP
The entire Daikin Europe group employed a staff of 6099 employees end of FY15 (March 2016)
* Daikin Turkey & ServiceNed B.V. 15 months
** Daikin Airconditioning Central Europe Group & ROTEX Heating Systems Group 15 months
*** McQuay Hellas S.A. Rotex Italy 15 months
- Launch Bluevolution product range, which includes residential, light commercial air applications, and the Roundflow Cassette. All systems are equipped with the revolutionary R-32.
- Acquired the Italian commercial refrigeration manufacturer, Zanotti.
- Established Daikin Air Conditioning Egypt (DAE).
- Daikin Altherma Flex Type for apartment buildings and collective housing.
- Nexura, a stylish heating and cooling unit with a radiant front panel for optimal comfort.
- McQuay Hellas (Greece).
- An international project to design net-zero energy buildings in Germany.
- Accept the international Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) 18001 certificate to ensure the safety of employees, subcontractors, visitors and the surrounding communities.
- Kälteanlagen Import GmbH, which becomes the Daikin Europe Hamburg Marine Office.
- The applied and service business of ACT.
- The Daikin Altherma High Temperature heat pump.
- Daikin Emura: a wall mounted unit recognised for its award-winning design.
- Daikin Altherma Low Temperature becomes the first heat pump to receive a European Ecolabel for its outstanding environmental performance.
- German heating manufacturer Rotex GmbH to expand the Daikin product range and strengthen our position in the heating market.
- McQuay International FZE in the Middle East, McQuay Szanyo and Szanyo Service in Central Europe, and Swedish distributor Svenska Daikin A.B., (now known as Daikin Sweden A.B.).
- Ururu Sarara: the world’s first split air conditioner offering air conditioning, purification, humidity control and ventilation in a single package.
- Daikin Altherma: a new heat pump for the home heating market. The all-in-one system provides heating, domestic hot water production and cooling (optional).
- Daikin Air Conditioning South Africa as a DENV affiliate.
- Daikin Europe Middle East Office as a sales affiliate in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Daikin Air Conditioning Greece SA as a subsidiary of DENV.
- Daikin Device Czech Republic s.r.o, a compressor factory in Brno, to supply compressors for our factory in Plzen.
- Daikin Europe Irish Office.
- OYL Industries, parent company of McQuay International, AAF International and J&E Hall by DIL. These acquisitions allow DENV to broaden its product range to include air handling units and large chillers.
- Manufacture fluorocarbon gas.
- Akira Yamada establishes the "Osaka Kinzoku Kogyosho Limited Partnership" in Japan, specialising in "Air Extrusion" systems. The company soon reaches unprecedented sales levels due to strong demand and its excellent product quality. From the 1930s and onward, under the Daikin name, the company specialises in manufacturing cooling systems and refrigerators, while successfully developing its own refrigerant.