Your eco-friendly solution for heating, cooling and hot water
Heat pumps extract heat from the outside air, which makes heating your home an energy efficient process.
Powered by renewable energy sources, heat pumps cool your home without consuming large amounts of energy.
Combining a heat pump with a domestic hot water tank produces enough hot water at high efficiency for you and your family.
Optional solar support is a free energy source that can produce up to 70% domestic hot water.
How a heat pump works
A heat pump controls the temperature by transferring heat. There are three essential components to a heat pump: the outdoor unit (evaporator), the indoor unit(s) (condenser) and the refrigerant. The refrigerant transfers the heat as it circulates between the outdoor and indoor unit(s).
- The evaporator extracts energy from the renewable source (air, water, geothermal or solar) by forcing the liquid to transform into a gas.
- The compressor compresses the gas, which raises its temperature.
- The condenser exchanges the heat from the gas to the heating system, and the gas returns to a liquid state.
- The expansion valve lowers the pressure of the refrigerant, which triggers evaporation and the cycle begins all over again.
We simply reverse this cycle to cool your home.
Ideal to replace gas boilers
Mid temperature air-to-water heat pumps are ideal to replace gas boilers in recent houses, built between 1990 and 2000.
They are compatible with underfloor heating as well as low temperature radiators. Developed and manufactured in Europe for Europe, Daikin heat pumps are adapted to any European climates, all year long.
Powered by renewable energy
By extracting renewable energy from the air, our Daikin Altherma low temperature heats, cools and provides your home with hot water in a sustainable way.
- Powered by 75% renewable energy extracted from the air and 25% electricity
- Earned an A+++ energy label for its space heating
- Combine your heat pump with solar support to increase your hot water savings
Compatible with a variety of emitters
Daikin Altherma low temperature air-to-water heat pump systems are compatible with a variety of heating and cooling emitters. This way you can select the ideal combination for you interior.
With equal distribution of heating and cooling throughout your home and a stable temperature, underfloor heating is the most energy efficient emitter.
Low temperature radiators
Low temperature radiators are ideal for bathrooms. Use them as towel rack to simultaneously heat your bathroom and warm your towels.